|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Selectable Gain of 6dB (2V/V) or 12dB (4V/V)
- No Output or PSRR Bypass Capacitors Required
- Improved “Click and Pop” Suppression Circuitry
- Very Fast Turn on Time: 5ms (Typ)
- Minimum External Components
- 2.6 - 5.5V Operation
- BTL Output Can Drive Capacitive Loads
- Ultra Low Current Shutdown Mode (SD Low)
- Improved PSRR at 217Hz for +3V: 71 dB
- Power Output at +5V, THD+N = 1%, 8Ω: 1.0 W (Typ)
- Power Output at +3V, THD+N = 1%, 8Ω: 390 mW (Typ)
- Total Shutdown Power Supply Current: 0.1µA (Typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4906MM/NOPB
The LM4906 is an audio power amplifier primarily designed for demanding applications in mobile phones and other portable communication device applications. It is capable of delivering 1W of continuous average power to an 8Ω BTL load with less than 1% distortion (THD+N) from a +5V power supply.
The LM4906 is the first Texas Instruments Boomer Power Amplifier that does not require an external PSRR bypass capacitor. The LM4906 also has an internal selectable gain of either 6dB or 12dB. In addition, no output coupling capacitors or bootstrap capacitors are required which makes the LM4906 ideally suited for cell phone and other low voltage portable applications.
The LM4906 contains advanced pop and click circuitry that eliminates noise, which would otherwise occur during turn-on and turn-off transitions.
Boomer audio power amplifiers were designed specifically to provide high quality output power with a minimal amount of external components. The LM4906 features a low -power consumption shutdown mode (the part is enabled by pulling the SD pin high). Additionally, the LM4906 features an internal thermal shutdown protection mechanism.