|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
- Improved Click and Pop Circuitry Virtually Eliminates Noise During Turn On/Off Transitions
- DC Volume Control Interface
- System Beep Detect
- Stereo Switchable Bridged/Single-Ended Power Amplifiers
- Selectable Internal/External Gain and Bass Boost
- Thermal Shutdown Protection Circuitry
- Unity Gain Stable
- PO at 1% THD+N
- into 3Ω: 2.2W (typ)
- into 4Ω: 2.0W (typ)
- into 8Ω: 1.3W (typ)
- Single-ended mode
- THD+N at 92mW into 32Ω: 1.0% (typ)
- Shutdown Current: 0.5µA (typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4938MH/NOPB
The LM4938 is a monolithic integrated circuit that provides DC volume control, and stereo bridged audio power amplifiers capable of producing 2W into 4Ω with less than 1.0% THD or 2.2W into 3Ω with less than 1.0% THD.
Boomer audio integrated circuits were designed specifically to provide high quality audio while requiring a minimum amount of external components. The LM4938 incorporates a DC volume control, stereo bridged audio power amplifiers and a selectable gain or bass boost, making it optimally suited for multimedia monitors, portable radios, desktop, and portable computer applications.
The LM4938 features an externally controlled, low-power consumption shutdown mode, and both a power amplifier and headphone mute for maximum system flexibility and performance.
Note 1: When properly mounted to the circuit board, LM4938MH will deliver 2W into 4Ω. See Application Information section for more information.
Note 2: An LM4938MH that has been properly mounted to the circuit board and forced-air cooled will deliver 2.2W into 3Ω.