|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Operating Input Voltage Range: 6 V to 95 V
- Integrated 100-V N-Channel Buck Switch
- Internal Start-Up Regulator
- No Loop Compensation Required
- Ultra-Fast Transient Response
- On-Time Varies Inversely With Input Voltage
- Operating Frequency Remains Constant With Varying Line Voltage and Load Current
- Adjustable Output Voltage From 2.5 V
- Highly Efficient Operation
- Precision Internal Reference
- Low Bias Current
- Intelligent Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
- 8-Pin VSSOP and 8-Pin WSON Packages
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM5008A With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5008AMMX/NOPB
The LM5008A DC/DC converter is a functional variant of the LM5008 COT Buck SwitchingRegulator. The functional differences of the LM5008A are: the minimum input operating voltage is 6V, the on-time equation is slightly different, and the requirement for a minimum load current isremoved.
The LM5008A 350-mA step-down switching regulator features all of the functions requiredto implement a low-cost and efficient buck regulator. This high-voltage converter has an integrated100-V N-channel buck switch and operates over an input voltage range of 6 V to 95 V. The device iseasy to implement and is provided in 8-pin VSSOP and the thermally enhanced 8-pin WSON packages.The converter uses PWM control scheme with an on-time inversely proportional toVIN. This feature allows the operating frequency to remain relativelyconstant. The control scheme requires no loop compensation. An intelligent current limit isimplemented with forced off-time, which is inversely proportional to VOUT.This scheme ensures short-circuit control while providing minimum foldback. Other features include:thermal shutdown, VCC undervoltage lockout, gate drive undervoltage lockout,maximum duty cycle limiter, and a pre-charge switch.