- Two Independent PWM Current Mode Controllers
- Integrated High-Voltage Startup Regulator
- Compound 2.5-A Main Output Gate Drivers
- Single Resistor Oscillator Setting to 2 MHz
- Synchronizable Oscillator
- Programmable Maximum Duty Cycle
- Maximum Duty Cycle Fold-Back at High-Line Voltage
- Adjustable Timer for Hiccup Mode Current Limiting
- Integrated Slope Compensation
- Adjustable Line Undervoltage Lockout
- Independently Adjustable Soft-Start (Each Regulator)
- Direct Interface with Opto-Coupler Transistor
- Thermal Shutdown
- TSSOP 16-Pin Package
The LM5032 dual current mode PWM controller contains all the features needed to control either two independent forward dc/dc converters or a single high current converter comprised of two interleaved power stages. The two controller channels operate 180° out of phase thereby reducing input ripple current. The LM5032 includes a startup regulator that operates over a wide input range up to 100 V and compound (bipolar + CMOS) gate drivers that provide a robust 2.5-A peak sink current. The adjustable maximum PWM duty cycle reduce stress on the primary side MOSFET switches. Additional features include programmable line undervoltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup mode fault operation with adjustable response time, PWM slope compensation, soft-start, and a 2-MHz capable oscillator with synchronization capability.
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the datasheet.