|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Operating Input Voltage Range: +6V to +75V
- +100 Volt Transient Capability
- Charge Pump Gate Driver for External N-Channel MOSFET
- MOSFET Diagnostic Test Mode
- Fast 50ns Response to Current Reversal
- 2A Peak Gate Turn-off Current
- Minimum VDS Clamp for Faster Turn-off
- Package: SOT-6 (Thin SOT23-6)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5050MK-2/NOPB
The LM5050-2 High Side OR-ing FET Controller operates in conjunction with an external MOSFET as an ideal diode rectifier when connected in series with a power source. This OR-ing controller allows MOSFETs to replace diode rectifiers in power distribution networks thus reducing both power loss and voltage drops.
The LM5050-2 controller provides charge pump gate drive for an external N-Channel MOSFET and a fast response comparator to turn off the FET when current flows in the reverse direction. The LM5050-2 can connect power supplies ranging from +6V to +75V and can withstand transients up to +100V.
The LM5050-2 also provides a FET test diagnostic mode which allows the system controller to test for shorted MOSFETs.