|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide operating input voltage range: -6V to -100V
- -100V Transient Capability
- Gate drive for external N-Channel MOSFET
- MOSFET diagnostic test mode
- Fast 50ns response to current reversal
- 2A peak gate turn-off current
- Package: 8-Lead SOIC
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5051MAE/NOPB
The LM5051 Low Side OR-ing FET Controller operates in conjunction with an external MOSFET as an ideal diode rectifier when connected in series with a power source. This OR-ing controller allows MOSFETs to replace diode rectifiers in power distribution networks thus reducing both power loss and voltage drops.
The LM5051 controller provides gate drive for an external N-Channel MOSFET and a fast response comparator to turn off the FET when current flows in the reverse direction. The LM5051 can connect power supplies ranging from -6V to -100V and can withstand transients up to -100V.
The LM5051 also provides a FET test diagnostic mode which allows the system controller to test for shorted MOSFETs.