|Package | PIN:||NPA | 14|
- Wide operating range: -9V to -80V
- In-rush current limit for safe board insertion into live power sources
- Programmable maximum power dissipation in the external pass device
- Adjustable current limit
- Circuit breaker function for severe over-current events
- Adjustable under-voltage lockout (UVLO) and hysteresis
- Adjustable over-voltage lockout (OVLO) and hysteresis
- Initial insertion timer allows ringing and transients to subside after system connection
- Programmable fault timer avoids nuisance trips
- Active high open drain POWER GOOD output
- Available in latched fault and automatic restart versions
- SOIC-14 (Latched Fault Version)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5067MW-1/NOPB
The LM5067 negative hot swap controller provides intelligent control of the power supply connections during insertion and removal of circuit cards from a live system backplane or other “hot” power sources. The LM5067 provides in-rush current control to limit system voltage droop and transients. The current limit and power dissipation in the external series pass N-Channel MOSFET are programmable, ensuring operation within the Safe Operating Area (SOA). In addition, the LM5067 provides circuit protection by monitoring for over-current and over-voltage conditions. The POWER GOOD output indicates when the output voltage is close to the input voltage. The input under-voltage and over-voltage lockout levels and hysteresis are programmable, as well as the fault detection time. The LM5067-1 latches off after a fault detection, while the LM5067-2 automatically attempts restarts at a fixed duty cycle. The LM5067 is available in a 10-pin VSSOP package and a 14-pin SOIC package.