|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Safe Module Insertion and Removal from Live Backplanes
- In-Rush Current Limiting for Safe Board Insertion into Live Backplanes
- Fast Response to Over-Current Fault Conditions with Active Current Limiting
- -10V to -90V Input Range
- Programmable Under-Voltage/Over-Voltage Shutdown Protection with Adjustable Hysteresis
- Programmable Multi-Function Timer for Board Insertion De-Bounce Delay
- Fault Timer Avoids Nuisance Trips Caused by Short Duration Load Transients
- Active Gate Clamping During Initial Power Application
- Available in both Latched Fault and Automatic Re-Try Versions
- Available with either Active HIGH or Active LOW Power Good Flag
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5068MM-2/NOPB
The LM5068 hot-swap controller provides intelligent control of power supply connections during the insertion and removal of circuit cards powered by live system backplanes.
The LM5068 provides both in-rush current control and short-circuit protection functions, and limits power supply transients in the backplane caused by the insertion of additional circuit cards. The LM5068 controls the external N-Channel MOSFET to provide programmable load current limiting and circuit breaker functions using a single external current sense resistor. The LM5068 issues a power good (PWRGD) signal at the conclusion of a successful power-on sequence. Input over-voltage or under -voltage fault conditions will cancel the PWRGD indication.
The LM5068-1 and -2 indicate power-good as an open-drain active HIGH PWRGD state. The LM5068-3 and -4 indicate power-good as an open-drain active LOW PWRGD state. The LM5068-1 and -3 latch off after a fault condition is detected while the LM5068-2 and -4 continuously re-try at intervals set by a programmable timer.
The LM5068 is available in a VSSOP-8 package.