|Package | PIN:||PHP | 48|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient OperatingRange
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDMESD Classification Level C4B
- 100-V HV-Port and 65-V LV-Port Max Ratings
- 1% Accurate Bidirectional Current Regulation
- 1% Accurate Channel Current Monitoring
- 5-A Peak Half-Bridge Gate Drivers
- Programmable or Adaptive Dead-Time Control
- Programmable Oscillator Frequency With Optional Synchronization to External Clock
- Independent Channel Enable Control Inputs
- Analog and Digital Channel Current Control Inputs
- Programmable Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- HV and LV Port Overvoltage Protection
- Diode Emulation Prevents Negative Current
- Programmable Soft-Start Timer
- MOSFET Failure Detect at Start-Up and Circuit Breaker Control
- Multiphase Operation Phase Adding or Dropping
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5170QPHPTQ1
The LM5170-Q1 controller provides the essential high voltage and precision elements of adual-channel bidirectional converter for automotive 48-V and 12-V dual battery systems. Itregulates the average current flowing between the high voltage and low voltage ports in thedirection designated by the DIR input signal. The current regulation level is programmed throughanalog or digital PWM inputs.
Dual-channel differential current sense amplifiers and dedicated channel current monitorsachieve typical current accuracy of 1%. Robust 5-A half-bridge gate drivers are capable of drivingparallel MOSFET switches delivering 500 W or more per channel. The diode emulation mode of thesynchronous rectifiers prevents negative currents but also enables discontinuous mode operation forimproved efficiency with light loads. Versatile protection features include cycle-by-cycle currentlimiting, overvoltage protection at both HV and LV ports, MOSFET failure detection andovertemperature protection.
An innovative average current mode control scheme maintains constant loop gain allowing asingle R-C network to compensate both buck and boost conversion. The oscillator is adjustable up to500 kHz and can synchronize to an external clock. Multiphase parallel operation is achieved byconnecting two LM5170-Q1 controllers for 3- or 4-phase operation, or by synchronizing multiplecontrollers to phase-shifted clocks for a higher number of phases. A low state on the UVLO pindisables the LM5170-Q1 in a low current shutdown mode.