|Package | PIN:||DBZ | 3|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Calibrated Linear Scale Factor of 6.25 mV/°C
- Rated for Full −40°C to +125°C Range
- Suitable for Remote Applications
- Available in SOT-23 and TO-92 Packages
- Key Specifications
- Accuracy at 25°C: ±2°C and ±3°C (Maximum)
- Accuracy for −40°C to +125°C: ±4°C (Maximum)
- Accuracy for−25°C to +125°C: ±3°C (Maximum)
- Temperature Slope: 6.25mV/°C
- Power-Supply Voltage Range: 2.7 V to 10 V
- CurrentDrain at 25°C: 110 µA (Maximum)
- Nonlinearity: ±0.8°C(Maximum)
- Output Impedance: 800 Ω(Maximum)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM60CIM3/NOPB
The LM60 device is a precision integrated-circuit temperature sensor thatcan sense a −40°C to +125°C temperature range while operating from a single 2.7-V supply. Theoutput voltage of the device is linearly proportional to Celsius (Centigrade) temperature (6.25mV/°C) and has a DC offset of
424 mV. The offset allows reading negative temperatures without the need for a negativesupply. The nominal output voltage of the device ranges from 174 mV to 1205 mV for a −40°C to+125°C temperature range. The device is calibrated to provide accuracies of ±2°C at roomtemperature and ±3°C over the full −25°C to +125°C temperature range.
The linear output of the device, 424-mV offset, and factory calibration simplify externalcircuitry required in a single supply environment where reading negative temperatures is required.Because the quiescent current of the device is less than 110 µA, self-heating is limited to a verylow 0.1°C in still air in the SOT-23 package. Shutdown capability for the device is intrinsicbecause its inherent low power consumption allows it to be powered directly from the output of manylogic gates.