|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results
- LM73-Q1 Temperature grade 1: –40°C to 125°C
- LM73-Q1 HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- LM73-Q1 CDM ESD Classification Level C6
- Single Address Pin Offers Choice of Three Selectable Addresses Per Version for a Total of Six Possible Addresses.
- SMBus and I2C-compatible Two-Wire Interface
- Supports 400-kHz Operation
- Shutdown Mode With One-shot Feature Available for Very Low Average Power Consumption
- Programmable Digital Temperature Resolution From 11 Bits to 14 Bits
- Fast Conversion Rate Ideal for Quick Power Up and Measuring Rapidly Changing Temperature
- Open-Drain ALERT Output Pin Goes Active When Temperature is Above a Programmed Temperature Limit
- Very Stable, Low-noise Digital Output
- UL Recognized Component
- Temperature Accuracy: ±1.45°C (Maximum)
- Temperature Range: –40°C to 125°C
- Conversion Time
- 11-Bit (0.25°C): 14 ms (Maximum)
- 14-Bit (0.03125°C): 112 ms (Maximum)
- Operating Supply Current: 320 µA (Typical)
- Shutdown Supply Current: 1.9 µA (Typical)
- Resolution: 0.25°C to 0.03125°C
Texas Instruments LM73C1QDDCRQ1
The LM73-Q1 is a digital output temperature sensor featuring an integrated incremental Delta-Sigma ADC. The LM73-Q1 communicates with a two-wire interface that is compatible with SMBus and I2C interfaces, and the host can query the LM73-Q1 at any time to read temperature.
The LM73-Q1 operates over a wide temperature range (–40°C to 125°C) and provides ±1.45°C accuracy from –10°C to 80°C. The LM73-Q1 includes four selectable resolution options that allow the temperature conversion time and sensitivity to be adjusted for optimal performance. The LM73-Q1 defaults to 11-bit mode (0.25°C/LSB), and will measure temperature in a maximum time of 14 ms, making it ideal for applications that require temperature data very soon after power-up. In its 14-bit maximum resolution mode (0.03125°C/LSB), the LM73-Q1 is optimized to sense very small changes in temperature.
A single multi-level address line selects one of three unique device addresses. An open-drain ALERT output goes active when the temperature exceeds a programmable limit. Both the data and clock lines are filtered for excellent noise tolerance and reliable communication. Additionally, the LM73-Q1 has a time-out feature that will automatically reset the clock and data lines, if these lines are held low for an extended period of time. This prevents a bus lock-up condition without requiring host processor intervention.