|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Preset Output Voltage Error is Less than ±5% Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Specified at an Output Current of 100mA
- Easily Compensated with a Small 0.1μF Output Capacitor
- Internal Short-Circuit, Thermal and Safe Operating Area Protection
- Easily Adjustable to Higher Output Voltages
- Maximum Line Regulation Less than 0.07% VOUT/V
- Maximum Load Regulation Less than 0.01% VOUT/mA
- See AN-1112 (SNVA009) for DSBGA Considerations
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM79L15ACM/NOPB
The LM79LXXAC series of 3-terminal negative voltage regulators features fixed output voltages of −5V, −12V, and −15V with output current capabilities in excess of 100mA. These devices were designed using the latest computer techniques for optimizing the packaged IC thermal/electrical performance. The LM79LXXAC series, when combined with a minimum output capacitor of 0.1μF, exhibits an excellent transient response, a maximum line regulation of 0.07% VO/V, and a maximum load regulation of 0.01% VO/mA.
The LM79LXXAC series also includes, as self-protection circuitry: safe operating area circuitry for output transistor power dissipation limiting, a temperature independent short circuit current limit for peak output current limiting, and a thermal shutdown circuit to prevent excessive junction temperature. Although designed primarily as fixed voltage regulators, these devices may be combined with simple external circuitry for boosted and/or adjustable voltages and currents. The LM79LXXAC series is available in the 3-lead TO package, the 8-lead SOIC package, and the 6-Bump DSBGA package.
For output voltages other than the pre-set -5V, -12V and -15V, the LM137L series provides an adjustable output voltage range from -1.2V to -47V.