|Package | PIN:||YFQ | 25|
|Temp:||S (-30 to 85)|
- KEY FEATURES
- Keypad Matrices of up to of 8 x 12 Keys, Plus 8 Special Function (SF) Keys, for a Full 104 Key Support.
- Supports General-purpose I/O Expansion on Pins Not Otherwise Used for Keypad or PWM Output.
- Keypad Matrix and Dedicated Key Support:16-Event Keycode Buffer4-Event Multiple Key Storage Registers
- Internal Oscillator, No External Clock Required.
- I2C-compatible ACCESS.bus Slave Interface Standard (100 kHz) and Fast (400 kHz) Modes:7-bit and 10-bit AddressingProgrammable Slave Address(Default 7-bit 0x88, 10-bit 0x088)
- Three Host-programmable PWM OutputsSmooth LED Brightness ModulationDedicated 31-command Script BuggerRegister-based Command Interpreter with Auto-increment Addressing
- Key Events, Errors, and Dedicated Hardware Interrupts, Request Host Service by Asserting an IRQ Output
- Ultra-Low-Power OperationAutomatic HALT Mode: 1.5 µA (typ.)Active Supply Current: 23 µA (typ.)Configurable Wake-Up from HALT Operation
- IEC61000-4-2 ESD Protection on KPX[7:0] and KPY[10:0] pins
- ESD Glitch Filter on RESETN Input
- External Reset for System Control
- HOST-CONTROLLED FEATURES
- Reset Input for System Control
- PWM Scripting for Three PWM Outputs
- Period of Inactivity That Triggers Entry into HALT Mode
- Debounce Time for Reliable Key Event Polling
- Configuration of General Purpose I/O Ports
- Various Initialization Options (Keypad Size, etc.)
- KEY DEVICE FEATURES
- 1.8V ±10% Single-supply Operation
- On-chip Power-on Reset (POR)
- −30°C to +85°C Temperature Range
- Robust IEC ESD Protection: ±8 kV Direct Contact on KPX[7:0] and KPY[10:0] Pins
- 25-pin DSBGA Package Size: 2 mm x 2 mm x 0.6 mm (0.4 mm Pitch)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM8330TME/NOPB
The LM8330 I/O - Expander and Keypad Controller is a dedicated device designed to unburden a host processor from scanning a matrix-addressed keypad and to provide flexible and general purpose, host programmable input/output functions. Three independent Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) timer outputs are provided for dynamic LED brightness modulation.
It communicates with a host processor through an I2C-compatible ACCESS.bus serial interface. It can communicate in Standard (100 kHz) and Fast-Mode (400 kHz) in slave Mode only.
All available input/output pins can alternately be used as an input or an output in a keypad matrix or as a host-programmable general-purpose input or output.
Any pin programmed as an input can also sense hardware interrupts. The interrupt polarity (“high-to-low” or “low-to-high” transition) is thereby programmable.
The LM8330 follows a predefined register-based set of commands. Upon startup (power-on) a configuration file must be sent from the host to set up the hardware of the device.
The LM8330 is available in a 25-bump lead-free DSBGA package size 2.0 mm x 2.0 mm x 0.6 mm (0.4 mm pitch).
The LM8330 has integrated ASIP (Application Specific Integrated Passives) on the KPX[7:0] and KPY[10:0] pins. These pins are designed to tolerate IEC61000-4-2 level 4 ESD: ±8 kV direct contact.