|Package | PIN:||NAC | 10|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 200)|
- LM95172EWG is AEC-Q100 Grade 0 Qualified and is Manufactured on an Automotive Grade Flow.
- 13-Bit (0.0625°C LSB) to 16-Bit (0.0078125°C LSB) Temperature Resolution
- Wide −40°C to +200°C Temperature Range
- 35 ms Best Conversion Time Tracks Fast Temp Changes
- OVERTEMP Digital Output Switches
when TDIE > THIGH
- Shutdown Mode Saves Power yet Wakes up for One-Shot Temperature Update
- SPI and MICROWIRE Bus Interface
- 10-Pin Cerpack High-Temperature Ceramic Package
- Analog and Digital Supply Voltage 3.0V to 5.5V
- Total Supply Current Operating 400 µA (typ)
- Shutdown −40°C to +140°C 4 µA (max)
- Shutdown −40°C to +175°C 12 µA (max)
- Shutdown −40°C to +200°C 28 µA (max)
- Temperature Accuracy
- +175°C to +200°C ±3.0°C (max)
- +130°C to +160°C ±1.0°C (max)
- +120°C to +130°C ±2.0°C (max)
- +160°C to +175°C ±2.0°C (max)
- −40°C to +120°C ±3.5°C (max)
- Temperature Resolution
- 13-bit mode 0.0625°C/LSB
- 16-bit mode 0.0078125°C/LSB
- Conversion Time
- 13-bit mode 43 ms (max)
- 16-bit mode 350 ms (max)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM95172EWG/NOPB
The LM95172EWG is an integrated digital-output temperature sensor with a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) and MICROWIRE™-compatible interface in a 10-pin Cerpack high temperature ceramic package. It features a very linear Sigma-Delta Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC), high accuracy, fast conversion rates, and extremely low output noise. With an operating temperature as low as -40°C and optimized accuracy from 120°C to 200°C, it is ideal for high-temperature applications.
The over-temperature alarm output (OVERTEMP) asserts when the die temperature exceeds a programmed THIGH limit. The user-programmed TLOW limit creates a temperature-stabilizing hysteresis when the ambient temperature is near the trip point.
The LM95172EWG can be programmed to operate from 13 bits (0.0625°C per LSB) to 16 bits (0.0078125°C per LSB) resolution. The LM95172EWG powers up in 35 ms, the fastest conversion time, with temperature output set at 13-bit resolution. The resolution may then be changed to 14-, 15- or 16-bits. When in the 13-, 14- or 15-bit resolution mode, the least significant bit in the 16-bit temperature register toggles after the completion of each conversion. This bit may be monitored to verify that the conversion is complete.
The high noise immunity of the Serial I/O (SI/O) output makes the LM95172EWG ideal for use in challenging electromagnetic environments.