|Package | PIN:||NHL | 14|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 140)|
- Accurately Senses Die Temperature of 4 Remote ICs or Diode Junctions and Local Temperature
- Local Temperature Accuracy ±2.0°C (Maximum)
- Remote Diode Temperature Accuracy ±1.1°C (Maximum)
- Supply Voltage: 3 V to 3.6 V
- Average Supply Current (1-Hz Conversion Rate) 0.57 mA (Typical)
- Programmable Digital Filters and Analog Front-End Filter
- 0.125°C LSB Temperature Resolution
- 0.03125°C LSB Remote Temperature Resolution With Digital Filter Enabled
- Signed Format: +127.875°C/–128°C Remote Range
- Unsigned Format: 0°C/255°C Remote Range
- Remote Diode Fault Detection, Model Selection, and Offset Correction
- Mask and Status Register Support
- 3 Programmable TCRIT Outputs With Programmable Shared Hysteresis and Fault-Queue
- Programmable Conversion Rate and Shutdown Mode One-Shot Conversion Control
- SMBus 2.0 Compatible Interface, Supports TIMEOUT
- Three-Level Address Pin
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM95214CISDX/NOPB
The LM95214 device is an 11-bit digital temperature sensor with a 2-wire SystemManagement Bus (SMBus) interface that can very accurately monitor the temperature of four remotediodes as well as its own temperature. The four remote diodes can be external devices such asmicroprocessors, graphics processors that target the ideality of a 2N3904 transistor ordiode-connected 2N3904s.
The LM95214 reports temperature in two different formats for +127.875°C/–128°C range and0°C/255°C range. The LM95214 TCRIT1, TCRIT2 andTCRIT3 outputs are triggered when any unmasked channel exceeds itscorresponding programmable limit and can be used to shutdown the system, to turn on the system fansor as a microcontroller interrupt function. The current status of theTCRIT1, TCRIT2, and TCRIT3pins can be read back from the status registers. Mask registers are available for further controlof the TCRIT outputs.
Two LM95214 remote temperature channels have programmable digital filters while theother two remote channels use a fault-queue to minimize unwanted TCRITevents when temperature spikes are encountered.
For optimum flexibility and accuracy, each LM95214 channel includes registers for offsetcorrection. A three-level address pin allows connection of up to 3 LM95214s to the same SMBusmaster. The LM95214 includes power saving functions such as: programmable conversion rate, shutdownmode, and disabling of unused channels.