|Package | PIN:||MOF | 9|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrated 15-mΩ GaN FETs and Driver
- 80-V Continuous, 100-V Pulsed Voltage Rating
- Package Optimized for Easy PCB Layout, Eliminating Need for Underfill, Creepage, and Clearance Requirements
- Very Low Common Source Inductance to Ensure High Slew Rate Switching Without Causing Excessive Ringing in Hard-Switched Topologies
- Ideal for Isolated and Non-Isolated Applications
- Gate Driver Capable of Up to 10 MHz Switching
- Internal Bootstrap Supply Voltage Clamping to Prevent GaN FET Overdrive
- Supply Rail Undervoltage Lockout Protection
- Excellent Propagation Delay (29.5 ns Typical) and Matching (2 ns Typical)
- Low Power Consumption
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LMG5200MOFT
The LMG5200 device, an 80-V, 10-A driver plus GaN half-bridge power stage, provides anintegrated power stage solution using enhancement-mode Gallium Nitride (GaN) FETs. The deviceconsists of two 80-V GaN FETs driven by one high-frequency GaN FET driver in a half-bridgeconfiguration.
GaN FETs provide significant advantages for power conversion as they have near zeroreverse recovery and very small input capacitance CISS. All the devices aremounted on a completely bond-wire free package platform with minimized package parasitic elements.The LMG5200 device is available in a 6 mm × 8 mm × 2 mm lead-free package and can be easily mountedon PCBs.
The TTL logic compatible inputs can withstand input voltages up to 12 V regardless of theVCC voltage. The proprietary bootstrap voltage clamping technique ensures the gate voltages of theenhancement mode GaN FETs are within a safe operating range.
The device extends advantages of discrete GaN FETs by offering a more user-friendlyinterface. It is an ideal solution for applications requiring high-frequency, high-efficiencyoperation in a small form factor. When used with the TPS53632G controller, the LMG5200 enablesdirect conversion from 48-V to point-of-load voltages (0.5-1.5 V).