|Package | PIN:||RTV | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- User-Configurable Adaptive Cable Equalizer or Cable Driver With Integrated Reclocker
- Supports ST-424 (3G), ST-292 (HD), and ST-259 (SD)
- Compatible With DVB-ASI and AES10 (MADI)
- Integrated Reclocker Locks to SMPTE Rates of 2.97 Gbps, 1.485 Gbps, or Divide-by-1.001 Subrates and 270 Mbps
- On-Chip 75-Ω Termination and Return Loss Compensation Network
- EQ (Equalizer) Mode:
- Adaptive Cable Equalizer With Integrated Reclocker
- 100-Ω Output Driver With De-Emphasis
- Reclocked 75-Ω Loop-Through Output
- EQMode Cable Reach
(Belden 1694A, SDI_OUT Disabled):
- 200 m at 2.97 Gbps
- 300 m at 1.485 Gbps
- 600 m at 270 Mbps
- CD (Cable Driver) Mode:
- Dual Differential Output Cable Drivers With IntegratedReclocker
- Adaptive PCB Input Equalizer
- Reclocked 100-Ω Loopback Output
- Automatic Pre-Emphasis and Slew Rate Control on 75-Ω Outputs
- Polarity Inversion on 75-Ω and 100-Ω Outputs
- Automatic Power Save in Absence of Input Signal
- Power Dissipation: 25 mW (Typical)
- Power-Down Control Through ENABLE Pin
- Single 2.5-V Supply
- EQ Mode Power Dissipation: 275 mW (Typical)
- CD Mode Power Dissipation: 290 mW (Typical)
- Programmable Through Pins, SPI, or SMBus Interface
- –40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- 5-mm × 5-mm, 32-Pin WQFN Package
- Pin Compatible with the LMH1297 for Easy Upgrade to 12G-SDI
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LMH0397RTVT
The LMH0397 is a 3G-SDI 75-Ω bidirectional I/O with integrated reclocker. This devicecan be configured either in input mode as an adaptive cable equalizer or in output mode as a dualcable driver, allowing system designers the flexibility to use a single BNC either as an input oroutput port to simplify HD-SDI video hardware designs. The integrated reclocker locks to allsupported SMPTE data rates up to 2.97 Gbps in both modes. The bidirectional I/O has an on-chip 75-Ωtermination and return loss compensation network that meets the stringent SMPTE return lossrequirements.
An additional 75-Ω driver output allows the LMH0397 to support a variety of systemfunctions. In EQ (Equalizer) Mode, this second 75-Ω driver can be used as a loop-through output. InCable Driver (CD) Mode, this 75-Ω driver can be used as a second fan-out cable driver. Thehost-side 100-Ω driver can also be used as a loopback output in CD Mode for monitoringpurposes.
The on-chip reclocker attenuates high-frequency jitter and fully regenerates the datausing a clean, low-jitter clock. The reclocker has a built-in loop filter and does not require anyinput reference clock. The LMH0397 also has an internal eye opening monitor and a programmable pinfor CDR lock indication, input carrier detect, or hardware interrupts to support system diagnosticsand board bring-up.
The LMH0397 is powered from a single 2.5-V supply. The device is offered in a small 5-mm× 5-mm, 32-pin WQFN package. The LMH0397 is also pin-compatible with theLMH1297.