|Package | PIN:||RTW | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Supports ST-2082 (Proposed), ST-2081 (Proposed), SMPTE 424M, 344M, 292M, 259M, DVB-ASI, SFF-8431 (SFP+) and 10GbE Ethernet for SMPTE 2022-5/6
- Locks to Rates 11.88 Gbps, 5.94 Gbps, 2.97 Gbps, 1.485 Gbps, or Divided by 1.001 Sub-Rates, DVB-ASI (270 Mbps) and 10GbE (10.3125 Gbps)
- Reference-Free Operation With Fast Lock Time Covering All Supported or Selected Data Rates
- 75-Ω and 100-Ω Transmitter Outputs
- Integrated 2:1 Mux Input, 1:2 Demux/Fanout Outputs
- Automatic Slew Rate Based on Input Rate Detect
- On-Chip Eye Monitor
- Low 300-mW Power Consumption With Automatic Power Down on Loss of Input Signal
- Programmable Through SPI or SMBus Interface
- Single 2.5-V Supply Operation
- Small 4-mm × 4-mm 24-Pin WQFN Package
- –40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LMH1218RTWR
The LMH1218 device is a low-power cable driver with integrated reclocker to drive serialvideo data compatible to SMPTE-SDI, SMPTE 2022-5/6, 10GbE Ethernet, and DVB-ASI standards. TheLMH1218 supports up to 11.88 Gbps to enable Ultra High Definition Video for 4K/8K applications.With 75-Ω and 50-Ω transmitter outputs, the LMH1218 enables multiple media options such as coax,fiber, and FR-4 PCB.
The integrated 2-to-1 MUX on the input of the LMH1218 enables selection between two videosources, while the programmable equalizer compensates for the printed-circuit board loss to extendsignal reach. With a wide range clock-and-data recovery (CDR) circuit, the on-chip reclockerautomatically detects and locks to serial data from 270 Mbps to 11.88 Gbps without the need for anexternal reference clock and loop filter component, thereby simplifying board design and loweringsystem cost. The reclocked serial data can be routed to either the 75-Ω or 50-Ω transmitter output,or both simultaneously (1-to-2 fanout mode). The output voltage swing is compatible to SFF-8431(SFP+), ST-2082/1 (Proposed), SMPTE 424M, 344M, 292M, and 259M standards.
A non-disruptive eye monitor allows for real-time measurement of serial data to simplifysystem start-up or field tuning. The LMH1218 can be programmed using SPI or SMBus Interface.