|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Analog Video Sync Separation for NTSC, PAL, 480I/P, 576I/P, 720P, 1080I/P/PsF, and Many VESA-Compatible Timing Formats
- Composite Video (CVBS), S-Video (Y/C), and Component Video (YPBPR/GBR) and PC Graphics (RGsB) Interfaces
- SD/PC Bi-Level Sync & HD Tri-Level Sync Compatible
- Composite, Horizontal, and Vertical Sync Outputs
- Burst/Back Porch Timing, Odd/Even Field, and HD Detect Flag outputs
- Automatic Video Format Detection
- Fixed-Level Sync Slicing for Video Inputs from 0.5 to 2 VPP
- 3.3V to 5V Supply Operation
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LMH1980MM/NOPB
The LMH1980 is an auto-detecting SD/HD/PC video sync separator ideal for use in a wide range of video applications, such as automotive LCD monitors, video capture & editing devices, surveillance & security equipment, and machine vision and inspection systems.
The LMH1980 accepts an analog video input signal with either bi-level or tri-level sync and automatically detects the video format, eliminating the need for external RSET resistor adjustment required by other sync separators (e.g.: LM1881). The outputs provide timing signals in CMOS logic, including Composite, Horizontal, and Vertical Syncs, Burst/Back Porch Timing, and Odd/Even Field outputs. The HD flag output (pin 5) provides a logic low signal only when a valid HD video input with tri-level sync is detected. The HD flag can be used to disable an external switch-controlled SD chroma filter when HD video is detected, or enable it when SD video is detected. For non-standard video with bi-level sync and without vertical serration pulses, a default vertical sync pulse will be output and no horizontal sync pulses will be output during the vertical sync interval.
The LMH1980 is available in a space-saving 10-lead Mini-SO Package (VSSOP) and operates over a temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.