|Package | PIN:||RHA | 40|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Output Frequency Range from 20 to 5500 MHz
- Industry Leading Phase Noise Performance
- VCO Phase Noise: –144.5 dBc/Hz at 1-MHz Offset for 1.8-GHz Output
- Normalized PLL Noise Floor: –231dBc/Hz
- Normalized PLL Flicker Noise: –126 dBc/Hz
- 47-fs RMS Jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) for1.8 GHz Output
- Input Clock Frequency Up to 1400 MHz
- Phase Detector Frequency Up to 200 MHz,
and Up to 400 MHz in Integer-N Mode
- Supports Fractional-N and Integer-N Modes
- Dual Differential Outputs
- Innovative Solution to Reduce Spurs
- Programmable Phase Adjustment
- Programmable Charge Pump Current
- Programmable Output Power Level
- SPI or uWire (4-Wire Serial Interface)
- Single Power Supply Operation: 3.3 V
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LMX2582RHAT
The LMX2582 device is alow-noise, wideband RF PLL with integrated VCO that supports a frequency range from 20 MHz to5.5 GHz. The device supports bothfractional-N and integer-N modes, with a 32-bit fractional divider allowing fine frequencyselection. Integrated noise of 47 fsfor 1.8-GHz output makes it an ideallow-noise source. Combining best-in-class PLL and integrated VCO noise with integrated LDOs, thisdevice removes the need for multiple discrete devices in high performance systems.
The device accepts input frequencies up to 1.4 GHz, which combined with frequencydividers and programmable low noise multiplier allows flexible frequency planning. The additionalprogrammable low-noise multiplier lets users mitigate the impact of integer boundary spurs. InFractional-N mode, the device can adjust the output phase by a 32-bit resolution. For applicationsthat need fast frequency changes, the device supports a fast calibration option which takes lessthan 25 µs.
This performance is achieved by using single 3.3-V supply. It supports 2 flexibledifferential outputs that can be configured as single-ended outputs as well. Users can choose toprogram one output from the VCO and the second from thechannel divider. When not being used, each output can be muted separately.