|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.3 V to 30 V
- 5-V, 3-V, and 3.3-V Output Voltage Versions Available
- High Accuracy Output Voltage
- Ensured 100-mA Output Current
- Extremely Low Quiescent Current
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Extremely Tight Load and Line Regulation
- Very Low Temperature Coefficient
- Use as Regulator or Reference
- Needs Minimum Capacitance for Stability
- Current and Thermal Limiting
- Stable With Low-ESR Output Capacitors (10 mΩ to 6 Ω)
- LP2951-N Versions Only:
- Error Flag Warns of OutputDropout
- Logic-Controlled Electronic Shutdown
- OutputProgrammable From 1.24 V to 29 V
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP2951CMMX/NOPB
The LP2950-N and LP2951-N are micropower voltage regulators with very low quiescentcurrent (75 µA typical) and very low dropout voltage (typical 40 mV atlight loads and 380 mV at 100 mA). They are ideally suited for use in battery-powered systems.Furthermore, the quiescent current of the device increases only slightly in dropout, prolongingbattery life.
Careful design of the LP2950-N/LP2951-N has minimized all contributions to the errorbudget. This includes a tight initial tolerance (0.5% typical), extremely good load and lineregulation (0.05% typical) and a very low output voltage temperature coefficient, making the partuseful as a low-power voltage reference.
One such feature is an error flag output which warns of a lowoutput voltage, often due to falling batteries on the input. It may be used for a power-on reset. Asecond feature is the logic-compatible shutdown input which enables the regulator to be switched onand off. Also, the part may be pin-strapped for a 5-V, 3-V, or 3.3-V output (depending on theversion), or programmed from 1.24 V to 29 V with an external pair of resistors.
The LP2950-N is available in the surface-mount TO-252 package and in the popular 3-pinTO-92 package for pin-compatibility with older 5-V regulators. The 8-pin LP2951-N is available inplastic, ceramic dual-in-line, WSON, or metal can packages and offers additional systemfunctions.