|Package | PIN:||NDE | 3|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 5-V Output within 1.2% Over Temperature
- Adjustable 1.23-V to 29-V Output Voltage Available (LP2954IM and LP2954AIM)
- Ensured 250-mA Output Current
- Extremely Low Quiescent Current
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Extremely Tight Line and Load Regulation
- Very Low Temperature Coefficient
- Current and Thermal Limiting
- Pin Compatible with LM2940 and LM340
(5-V Version Only)
- Adjustable Version Adds ERROR Flag to Warn of Output Drop and a Logic-Controlled Shutdown
Texas Instruments LP2954AIT/NOPB
The LP2954 is a 5-V micropower LDO with very low quiescent current (90 μA typical at 1-mA load) and very low dropout voltage (typically 60 mV at light loads and 470 mV at 250-mA load current).
The quiescent current increases only slightly at dropout (120 μA typical), which prolongs battery life.
The LP2954 with a fixed 5-V output is available in three-pin TO-220 and DDPAK/TO-263 packages. The adjustable LP2954 is provided in an 8-pin, small-outline SOIC package. The adjustable version also provides a resistor network which can be pin strapped to set the output to any voltage from to 1.23 V to 29 V.
Reverse battery protection is provided for the IN pin.
The tight line and load regulation (0.04% typical), as well as very low output temperature coefficient make the LP2954 well suited for use as a low-power voltage reference.
Output accuracy is ensured at both room temperature and over the entire operating temperature range.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.