|Package | PIN:||SOT-23 (DBV) | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Output Tolerance of
- 0.75% (A Grade)
- 1.25% (Standard Grade)
- Ultra-Low Dropout Typically:
- 200 mV at Full Load of 100 mA
- 7 mV at 1 mA
- Low IQ: 600 µA Typical at Full Load of 100 mA
- Shutdown Current: 0.01 µA Typical
- Fast Transient Response to Line and Load
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- High Peak Current Capability
- Low ZOUT Over Wide Frequency Range
- –40°C to 125°C Temperature Range
Texas Instruments LP2981A-50DBVT
The LP2981 and LP2981A families of fixed-output, low-dropout regulators offer exceptional, cost-effective performance for both portable and non-portable applications. Available in fixed voltages of 2.8 V, 3 V, 3.3 V, and 5 V, the family has an output tolerance of 0.75% for the A-grade devices (1.25% for the standard grade) and is capable of delivering 100-mA continuous load current. Standard regulator features, such as overcurrent and overtemperature protection, are included.
The LP2981 and LP2981A have features that make the regulators ideal candidates for a variety of portable applications:
- Low dropout: A PNP pass element allows a typical dropout of 200 mV at 100-mA load current and 7 mV at 1-mA load.
- Low quiescent current: The use of a vertical PNP process allows for quiescent currents that are considerably lower than those associated with traditional lateral PNP regulators.
- Shutdown: A shutdown feature is available, allowing the regulator to consume only 0.01 µA when the ON/OFF pin is pulled low.