- Input Voltage: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 0.6 V to 5 V
- FlexCap: Stable with Ceramic, Tantalum, or
- Stable with 10-µF Input and Output Capacitors
- Low Ground-Pin Current
- 25-nA Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
- Ensured Output Current of 1.5 A
- Ensured VADJ Accuracy of ±1.5% at 25°C (A
- Ensured Accuracy of ±3.5% at 25°C (STD)
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection
- ENABLE Pin (LP38502)
TIs FlexCap low-dropout (LDO) linear regulators feature unique compensation that allow use of any type of output capacitor with no limits on minimum or maximum equivalent series resistance (ESR). The LP38500 and LP38502 series of LDOs operates from a 2.7-V to 5.5-V input supply. These ultra-low-dropout linear regulators respond very quickly to step changes in load, making them suitable for low-voltage microprocessor applications. Developed on a CMOS process (utilizing a PMOS pass transistor) the LP38500-ADJ and LP38502-ADJ have low quiescent currents that changes little with load current.
- GND Pin Current: Typically 2 mA at 1.5-A load current.
- Disable Mode: Typically 25-nA quiescent current when the EN pin is pulled low. (LP38502-ADJ)
- Simplified Compensation: Stable with any type of output capacitor, regardless of ESR.
- Precision Output: grade versions available with 1.5% VADJ tolerance (25°C) and 3% over line, load, and temperature.