- Input Voltage Range: 2.5 V to 7 V
- Ultra Low Dropout Voltage
- Low Ground Pin Current
- Load Regulation of 0.06%
- 10-nA Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
- Specified Output Current of 1.5-A DC
- Minimum Output Capacitor Requirements
- Overtemperature/Overcurrent Protection
- −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
- Available in DDPAK/TO-263 and SOT-223 Packages
The LP3875-ADJ fast ultra-low-dropout LDO operates from a 2.5-V to 7-V input supply. This ultra-low-dropout LDO responds very quickly to step changes in load, which makes it suitable for low-voltage microprocessor applications. The LP3875-ADJ is developed on a CMOS process, which allows low quiescent-current operation independent of output load current. This CMOS process also allows the LP3875-ADJ to operate under extremely low dropout conditions.
- Dropout Voltage: Ultra-low-dropout voltage; typically 38 mV at 150-mA load current and 380 mV at 1.5-A load current.
- Ground Pin Current: Typically 6 mA at 1.5-A load current.
- Shutdown Mode: Typically 10-nA quiescent current when the SD pin is pulled low.
- Adjustable Output Voltage: The output voltage may be programmed via two external resistors.
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.