|Package | PIN:||HSOIC (DDA) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Adjustable VOUT Range of 0.80V to 1.8V
- Wide VBIAS Supply Operating Range of 3.0V to 5.5V
- Stable with 10µF Ceramic Capacitors
- Dropout Voltage of 115 mV (Typical) at 800 mA Load Current
- Precision VADJ across All Line and Load Conditions:
- ±1.5% VADJ for TJ = 25°C
- ±2.0% VADJ for 0°C ≤ TJ ≤ +125°C
- ±3.0% VADJ for -40°C ≤ TJ ≤ +125°C
- Over-Temperature and Over-Current Protection
- Available in 8-Lead SO PowerPad,
7-Lead SFM and 7-Lead PFM Packages
- −40°C to +125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP38851MR-ADJ/NOPB
The LP38851-ADJ is a high current, fast response regulator which can maintain output voltage regulation with extremely low input to output voltage drop. Fabricated on a CMOS process, the device operates from two input voltages: VBIAS provides voltage to drive the gate of the N-MOS power transistor, while VIN is the input voltage which supplies power to the load. The use of an external bias rail allows the part to operate from ultra low VIN voltages. Unlike bipolar regulators, the CMOS architecture consumes extremely low quiescent current at any output load current. The use of an N-MOS power transistor results in wide bandwidth, yet minimum external capacitance is required to maintain loop stability.
The fast transient response of this device makes it suitable for use in powering DSP, Microcontroller Core voltages and Switch Mode Power Supply post regulators. The part is available in PSOP 8–pin, SFM 7–pin, and TO-263 7-pin packages.
- Dropout Voltage: 115 mV (typical) at 800 mA load current
- Low Ground Pin Current: 10 mA (typical) at 800 mA load current
- Soft-Start: Programmable Soft-Start time
- Precision ADJ Voltage: ±1.5% for TJ = 25°C, and ±2.0% for 0°C ≤ TJ ≤ +125°C, across all line and load conditions