|Package | PIN:||NHL | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Supports USB Charging Scheme
- Integrated Pass Transistor
- Near-Depleted Battery Preconditioning
- Monitors Battery Temperature
- Built-In 5.6 Hour Timer
- Under Voltage and Over Voltage Lockout
- Charge Status Indicators
- Charge Current Monitor Analog Output
- LDO Mode Operation can source 1 Amp
- Continuous Over Current/Temperature Protection
- 1% Charger Voltage Accuracy Over
0°C ≤ TJ ≤ 85°C
- 4.3V to 6V Input Voltage Range
- 100 mA to 750 mA Charge Current Range, in Charger Mode
- 100 mA to 500 mA Charge Current Range, in USB Mode
- WSON Package Power Dissipation:
2.7W at TA = 25°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP3947ISD-09/NOPB
The LP3947 is a complete charge management system that safely charges and maintains a Li-Ion battery from either USB power source or AC adaptor. In USB mode, the LP3947 supports charging in low power or high power mode. Alternatively, the LP3947 can take charge from AC adaptor. In both USB and AC adaptor modes, charge current, battery regulation voltage, and End of Charge (EOC) point can be selected via I2C interface. The LP3947 can also operate on default values that are pre-programmed in the factory. The battery temperature is monitored continuously at the Ts pin to safeguard against hazardous charging conditions. The charger also has under-voltage and over-voltage protection as well as an internal 5.6 hr timer to protect the battery. The pass transistor and charge current sensing resistor are all integrated inside the LP3947.
The LP3947 operates in four modes: pre-qualification, constant current, constant voltage and maintenance modes. There are two open drain outputs for status indication. An internal amplifier readily converts the charge current into a voltage. Also, the charger can operate in an LDO mode providing a maximum of 1.2 Amp to the load.