|Package | PIN:||KTT | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Ultra Low Dropout Voltage
- Low Ground Pin Current
- Load Regulation of 0.06%
- 15µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
- Specified Output Current of 3A DC
- Available in DDPAK/TO-263 and TO-220 Packages
- Output Voltage Accuracy ± 1.5%
- Error Flag Indicates Output Status (LP3963)
- Sense Option Improves Load Regulation (LP3966)
- Minimum Output Capacitor Requirements
- Overtemperature/Overcurrent Protection
- −40°C to +125°C Junction Temperature Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP3966ES-ADJ/NOPB
The LP3963/LP3966 series of fast ultra low-dropout linear regulators operate from a +2.5V to +7.0V input supply. Wide range of preset output voltage options are available. These ultra low dropout linear regulators respond very quickly to step changes in load which makes them suitable for low voltage microprocessor applications. The LP3963/LP3966 are developed on a CMOS process which allows low quiescent current operation independent of output load current. This CMOS process also allows the LP3963/LP3966 to operate under extremely low dropout conditions.
Dropout Voltage: Ultra low dropout voltage; typically 80mV at 300mA load current and 800mV at 3A load current.
Ground Pin Current: Typically 6mA at 3A load current.
Shutdown Mode: Typically 15µA quiescent current when the shutdown pin is pulled low.
Error Flag: Error flag goes low when the output voltage drops 10% below nominal value (for LP3963).
SENSE: Sense pin improves regulation at remote loads. (For LP3966)
Precision Output Voltage: Multiple output voltage options are available ranging from 1.2V to 5.0V and adjustable (LP3966), with a specified accuracy of ±1.5% at room temperature, and ±3.0% over all conditions (varying line, load, and temperature).