|Package | PIN:||DBV | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating Temperature
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
- Operating Input Voltage 2.5 V to 6 V
- Power-Good Flag Output
- Logic-Controlled Enable
- Stable With Ceramic and High-Quality Tantalum Capacitors
- Fast Turnon
- Thermal Shutdown and Short-Circuit Current Limit
- 5-Pin SOT-23 Package
Texas Instruments LP3988QMFX-2P85
The LP3988-Q1 is a 150-mA low-dropout regulator designed specially to meet requirements of portable battery applications. The LP3988-Q1 works with a space-saving 1-µF ceramic capacitor. The LP3988-Q1 features an error flag-output that indicates a faulty output condition.
The LP3988-Q1 has performance optimized for battery-powered systems to deliver low noise, extremely low dropout voltage, and low quiescent current. Regulator ground current increases only slightly in dropout, further prolonging the battery life.
Power-supply rejection is better than 60 dB at low frequencies and starts to roll off at 10 kHz. The device maintains high power-supply rejection down to lower input voltage levels common to battery-operated circuits.
The device is ideal for mobile phone and similar battery-powered wireless applications. It provides up to 150 mA, from a 2.5-V to 6-V input, consuming less than 1 µA in disable mode, and has fast turnon time less than 200 µs.
The LP3988-Q1 is available in a 5-pin SOT-23 package, has performance specified for the −40°C to +125°C temperature range, and is available in a 2.85-V output voltage. For other voltage options, contact TI sales.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.