|Package | PIN:||YFQ | 25|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- USB Multiplexing Switches
- High-Speed USB on USB and UART Inputs
- Negative Voltage Rail on Audio Inputs
- Internal LDO for ID Detection and MIC Bias
- Compatible with USB Charging Specification Rev. 1.1
- DSS Input for Default Switch Connection
- Low-Power MIC Standby Mode
- Linear Charge with Single Input
- 28 OVP on VBUS Input
- High-Current Mode for Production Test
- Thermal Regulation
- Over-Voltage Protected LDO for USB Transceivers and PMU Wakeup
- UVLO (Undervoltage Lock Out)
- Interrupt Request to Reduce SW Polling
- USB / ID Detection
- SEND / END Button Detection
- Mic Removal
- OVLO / UVLO on VBUS
- Charger Status
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- I2C-compatible Serial Interface
- 25-Bump 0.4 mm Pitch Thin DSBGA Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP8727TME-B/NOPB
The LP8727 is designed to provide automatic multiplexing switches between Micro/Mini USB connector and USB, UART and Audio paths in cellular phone applications. It also contains a single-input Li-Ion battery charger and an overvoltage-protected LDO. Programming is handled via an I2C-compatible Serial Interface allowing control of charger, multiplexing switches, and reading status information of the device.
The multiplexing switches on USB and UART support high-speed USB, and Audio inputs can be driven to negative voltage rail. The LP8727 is compatible with USB charging specifications rev 1.1 from USB IF.
The Li-Ion charger requires few external components and integrates the power FET. Charging is thermally regulated to obtain the most efficient charging rate for a given ambient temperature. It has Overvoltage Protection (OVP) circuit at the charger input protects the PMU from input voltages up to +28V, eliminating the need for any external protection circuitry.
An overvoltage-protected LDO which can supply up to 50 mA is designed for powering up a low-voltage USB transceiver or waking up a PMU (Power Management Unit) when an external power source (either USB VBUS or wall adapter) is connected to the USB connector.
The LP8727 PMU is available in 25-bump 0.4 mm pitch thin DSBGA package (2.015 mm x 2.015 mm).