|Package | PIN:||YFF | 35|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High-Efficiency Step-Down Four-Phase DC/DC Converter Cores:
- Maximum Output Current 16 A
- AutoPWM-PFM and Forced-PWM Operations
- Auto Phase Adding/Shedding and ForceMulti-Phase Operations
- Remote Differential Feedback VoltageSensing
- Programmable Output Voltage Slew-Rate from 30 mV/µs to 0.5mV/µs
- VOUT Range = 0.5 V to 3.36 V withDVS
- Programmable Start-up and Shutdown Delays with Enable Signal
- I2C-Compatible Interface which Supports Standard (100 kHz), Fast (400 kHz), Fast+ (1 MHz), and High-Speed (3.4 MHz) Modes
- Interrupt Function with Programmable Masking
- Load Current Measurement
- Output Short-Circuit and Overload Protection
- Spread-Spectrum Mode and Phase Interleaving for EMI Reduction
- Overtemperature Warning and Protection
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP8758A1B0YFFR
The LP8758 is designed to meet the power management requirements of the latestapplication processors in mobile phones and similar portable applications. The device contains fourstep-down DC/DC converter cores, which are bundled together in a single 4-phase buck converter. Thedevice is controlled by an I2C-compatible serial interface.
The automatic PWM-PFM (AUTO mode) operation, together with the automatic phaseadding/shedding, maximizes efficiency over a wide output-current range. The LP8758 supports remotedifferential voltage sensing to compensate IR drop between the regulator output and thepoint-of-load, thus improving the accuracy of the output voltage.
The LP8758 supports programmable start-up and shutdown delays synchronized to Enablesignal.
The protection features include short-circuit protection, current limits, input supplyUVLO, and temperature warning and shutdown functions. Several error flags are provided for statusinformation of the device. In addition, the LP8758 device supports load current measurement withoutthe addition of external current sense resistors. During start-up and voltage change, the devicecontrols the output slew rate to minimize output voltage overshoot and the inrush current.