|Package | PIN:||VFP | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient OperatingTemperature
- Input Voltage Operating Range 3 V to 48 V
- Four High-Precision Current Sinks
- Current Matching0.5% (typical)
- LED StringCurrent up to 150 mA per Channel
- Dimming Ratio > 13 000:1 With External PWMBrightness Control
- 16-bit Dimming Control with SPI orI2C
- Supports Display Mode (Global Dimming) andCluster Mode (Independent Dimming)
- Hybrid PWM and Current Dimming for Higher LED Drive Optical Efficiency
- Synchronization for LED PWM Frequency
- Boost Controller With Programmable Switching Frequency 100 kHz to 2.2 MHz and Spread-Spectrum Option for Lower EMI
- Boost Synchronization Input
- Power-Line FET Control for Inrush Current Protection and Standby Energy Saving
- Automatic LED Current Reduction With External Temperature Sensor
- Extensive Fault Diagnostics
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP8860HQVFPRQ1
The LP8860-Q1 is an automotive high-efficiency LED driver with boost controller. It has 4high-precision current sinks that can be controlled by a PWM input signal, an SPI orI2C master, or both.
The boost converter has adaptive output voltage control based on the headroom voltages ofthe LED current sinks. This feature minimizes the power consumption by adjusting the voltage to thelowest sufficient level in all conditions. Awide-range adjustable frequency allows the LP8860-Q1 to avoid disturbance for AM radioband.
The LP8860-Q1 supports built-in hybrid PWM and current dimming, which reduces EMI,extends the LED lifetime, and increases the total optical efficiency. Phase-shift PWM reducesaudible noise and output ripple.