|Package | PIN:||PWP | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AECQ100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient OperatingTemperature
- Input Voltage Operating Range 4.5 V to 40 V
- Four High-Precision Current Sinks
- Current Matching 1%(Typical)
- LED String Current up to 100 mA/Channel
- DimmingRatio of 10 000:1 at 100 Hz
- Integrated Boost/SEPIC Converter for LED String Power
- Output Voltage up to 45 V
- Switching Frequency 300 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- SwitchingSynchronization Input
- Spread Spectrum for Lower EMI
- Power-Line FET Control for Inrush Current Protection and Standby Energy Saving
- Extensive Fault Detection and Tolerance Features
- Fault Output
- Input Voltage OVP, UVLO, and OCP
- Open and Shorted LEDFault Detection
- Automatic LED Current Reduction With External TemperatureSensor
- Thermal Shutdown
- Minimum Number of External Components
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP8861QPWPRQ1
The LP8861-Q1 is an automotive high-efficiency, low-EMI, easy-to-use LED driver withintegrated boost/SEPIC converter. It has four high-precision current sinks that can provide highdimming ratio brightness control with a PWM input signal.
The boost/SEPIC converter has adaptive output voltage control based on the LED currentsink headroom voltages. This feature minimizes the power consumption by adjusting the voltage tolowest sufficient level in all conditions. The boost/SEPIC converter supports spread spectrum forswitching frequency and an external synchronization with dedicated pin.A wide-range adjustable frequency allows the LP8861-Q1 to avoid disturbancefor AM radio band.
The LP8861-Q1 has an option to drive an external p-FET to disconnect the input supplyfrom the system in the event of a fault and reduce inrush current and standby power consumption.The device can reduce LED current based on temperature measured with external NTC sensor to protectLED from overheating and extend LED lifetime.
The input voltage range for the LP8861-Q1 is from 4.5 V to 40 V to support automotivestop/start and load dump condition. The LP8861-Q1 integrates extensive fault detection andprotection features.