|Package | PIN:||NS | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU Recommendation V.28
- Operates From a Single 5-V Power Supply With 1.0-µF Charge-Pump Capacitors
- Operates up to 120 kbit/s
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
- ±30-V Input Levels
- Low Supply Current: 8 mA Typical
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- 2000-V Human-Body Model(A114-A)
- Upgrade With Improved ESD (15-kV HBM) and 0.1-µF Charge-Pump Capacitors is Available With the MAX202 Device
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments MAX232NSR
The MAX232 device is a dual driver/receiver that includes a capacitive voltage generatorto supply TIA/EIA-232-F voltage levels from a single 5-V supply. Each receiver convertsTIA/EIA-232-F inputs to 5-V TTL/CMOS levels. These receivers have a typical threshold of 1.3 V, atypical hysteresis of 0.5 V, and can accept ±30-V inputs. Each driver converts TTL/CMOS inputlevels into TIA/EIA-232-F levels.