|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- RS-232 Bus-Pin ESD Protection Exceeds ±15 kV Using Human-Body Model (HBM)
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU v.28 Standards
- Operates With 3-V to 5.5-V VCC Supply
- Operates Up to 250 kbps
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
- Low Standby Current: 1 µA Typical
- External Capacitors: 4 × 0.1 µF
- Accepts 5-V Logic Input With 3.3-V Supply
- Alternative High-Speed Pin-Compatible Device (1 Mbps)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments MAX3222IDWR
The MAX3222 consists of two line drivers, two line receivers, and a dual charge-pump circuit with ±15-kV ESD protection pin to pin (serial-port connection pins, including GND). The device meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and provides the electrical interface between an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector. The charge pump and four small external capacitors allow operation from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. The device operates at data signaling rates up to 250 kbit/s and a maximum of 30-V/μs driver output slew rate.
The MAX3222 can be placed in the power-down mode by setting PWRDOWN low, which draws only 1 μA from the power supply. When the device is powered down, the receivers remain active while the drivers are placed in the high-impedance state. Receiver outputs also can be placed in the high-impedance state by setting EN high.