|Package | PIN:||DB | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU v.28 Standards
- Operates With 3-V to 5.5-V VCC Supply
- Operates at Least 1 Mbit/s
- Low Standby Current . . . 1 µA Typ
- External Capacitors . . . 4 × 0.1 µF
- Accepts 5-V Logic Input With 3.3-V Supply
- Designed to Be Interchangeable With Maxim™ MAX3227E
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD Protection for RS-232 I/O Pins
- ±15 kV Human-Body Model
- ±8 kV IEC61000-4-2, Contact Discharge
- ±15 kV IEC61000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge
- Auto-Powerdown Plus Feature Automatically Disables Drivers for Power Savings
- Packaged in Plastic Shrink Small-Outline Package
- Battery-Powered, Hand-Held, and Portable Equipment
- PDAs and Palmtop PCs
- Notebooks, Sub-Notebooks, and Laptops
- Digital Cameras
- Mobile Phones and Wireless Devices
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments MAX3227ECDBR
The MAX3227E consists of one line driver, one line receiver, and a dual charge-pump circuit with ±15-kV IEC ESD protection pin to pin (serial-port connection pins, including GND). The device meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and provides the electrical interface between an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector. The charge pump and four small external capacitors allow operation from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. This device operates at data-signaling rates of 1 Mbit/s in normal operating mode and a maximum of 30-V/µs driver output slew rate. This device also features a logic-level output (READY) that asserts when the charge pump is regulating and the device is ready to begin transmitting.
The MAX3227E achieves a 1-µA supply current using the auto-powerdown plus feature. This device automatically enters a low-power powerdown mode when the RS-232 cable is disconnected or the drivers of the connected peripherals are inactive for more than 30 s. They turn on again when they sense a valid transition at any driver or receiver input. Auto-powerdown saves power without changes to the existing BIOS or operating system.
The MAX3227EC is characterized for operation from 0°C to 70°C. The MAX3227EI is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.