|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- ESD Protection for RS-232 Bus Pins
- ±15 kV (HBM)
- ±8 kV (IEC61000-4-2, Contact Discharge)
- ±15 kV (IEC61000-4-2, Air-Gap Discharge)
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU V.28 Standards
- Operates With 3-V to 5.5-V VCC Supply
- Operates up to 250 kbit/s
- Two Drivers and Two Receivers
- Low Supply Current: 300 µA (Typical)
- External Capacitors: 4 × 0.1 µF
- Accepts 5-V Logic Input With 3.3-V Supply
- Pin Compatible to Alternative High-Speed Devices (1 Mbit/s)
- SN65C3232E (–40°C to +85°C)
- SN75C3232E (0°C to70°C)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments MAX3232ECDWR
The MAX3232E device consists of two line drivers, two-line receivers, and a dualcharge-pump circuit with ±15-kV IEC ESD protection pin to pin (serial-port connection pins,including GND).
The device meets the requirements of TIA/EIA-232-F and provides the electrical interfacebetween an asynchronous communication controller and the serial-port connector. The charge pump andfour small external capacitors allow operation from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. The devicesoperate at data signaling rates up to 250 kbit/s and a maximum of 30-V/µs driver output slewrate.