|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 100)|
- Digitally Selectable Output Amplitude up to 2.0VPP Single-Ended
- Digitally Selectable Bias Current up to 145mA Source
- 2-wire Digital Interface with Integrated DACs and ADC
for Control and Diagnostic Management
- Automatic Power Control (APC) Loop
- Adjustable Rise and Fall Times
- Programmable Input Equalizer
- Cross-Point Control
- Selectable Monitor PD Current Range and Polarity
- Includes Laser Safety Features
- Single 3.3V Supply
- –40°C to 100°C Operation
- Surface Mount Small Footprint 4mm × 4mm 24 Pin RoHS Compliant QFN Package
Texas Instruments ONET1141LRGET
The ONET1141L is a high-speed, 3.3V electroabsorption modulator driver designed to bias and modulate an electroabsorptive modulated laser (EML) at data rates from 1 Gbps up to 11.3 Gbps.
The device provides a two-wire serial interface which allows digital control of the modulation and bias currents, eliminating the need for external components. Output waveform control, in the form of cross-point adjustment and rise and fall time adjustment are available to improve the optical eye mask margin. An optional input equalizer can be used for equalization of up to 150mm (6”) of microstrip or stripline transmission line on FR4 printed circuit boards. The device contains internal analog to digital and digital to analog converters to eliminate the need for special purpose microcontrollers.
The ONET1141L includes an integrated automatic power control (APC) loop which compensates for variations in laser average optical power over voltage and temperature and circuitry to support laser safety and transceiver management systems.
The modulator driver is characterized for operation from –40°C to 100°C case temperatures and is available in a small footprint 4mm × 4mm 24 pin RoHS compliant QFN package.