|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 100)|
- Digitally Selectable Modulation Current up to 85 mApp (10-Ω Load)
- Digitally Selectable Bias Current up to 100-mA Source or Sink
- 2-Wire Digital Interface With Integrated Digital-to-Analog Converters
(DACs) and Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) for Control and Diagnostic
- Automatic Power Control (APC) Loop
- Adjustable Output Resistance and De-Emphasis
- Programmable Input Equalizer
- Cross-Point Control
- Selectable Monitor PD Current Range and Polarity
- Includes Laser Safety Features
- Single +3.3-V Supply
- Temperature 40°C to 100°C
- Surface Mount 4-mm × 4-mm, 24-Pin RoHS-Compliant QFN Package
- Pin-Compatible to the ONET1101L Device
Texas Instruments ONET1151LRGET
The ONET1151L device is a 3.3-V laser driver designed to directly modulate a laser at data rates from 1 to 11.3 Gbps.
The device provides a 2-wire serial interface, which allows digital control of the modulation and bias currents, eliminating the need for external components. Output waveform control, in the form of cross-point adjustment, de-emphasis, and output termination resistance are available to improve the optical eye mask margin. An optional input equalizer can be used for equalization of up to 150 mm (6 in.) of microstrip or stripline transmission line on FR4-printed circuit boards. The device contains internal ADC and DACs to eliminate the need for special purpose microcontrollers.
The ONET1151L device includes an integrated automatic power control (APC) loop, which compensates for variations in laser average power over voltage and temperature and circuitry to support laser safety and transceiver management systems.
The laser driver is characterized for operation from 40°C ambient to +100°C temperatures and is available in a small footprint 4-mm × 4-mm, 24-pin, RoHS-compliant QFN package that is pin-compatible to the ONET1101L device.