|Package | PIN:||RGT | 16|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 100)|
- Up to 11.3-Gbps Operation
- 2-Wire Digital Interface
- Digitally Selectable Input Bandwidth
- Adjustable LOS Threshold
- Digitally Selectable Output Voltage
- Digitally Selectable Output Pre-Emphasis
- Adjustable Input Threshold Voltage
- Low Power Consumption
- Input Offset Cancellation
- CML Data Outputs with On-Chip 50- Back-Termination to VCC
- Single +3.3-V Supply
- Output Disable
- Surface Mount Small Footprint 3 mm × 3 mm 16-Pin RoHS compliant QFN Package
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet Optical Receivers
- 8x and 10x Fiber Channel Optical Receivers
- SONET OC-192/SDH-64 Optical Receivers
- SFP+ and XFP Transceiver Modules
- XENPAK, XPAK, X2 and 300-pin MSA Transponder Modules
- Cable Driver and Receiver
Texas Instruments ONET8501PRGTR
The ONET8501P is a high-speed, 3.3-V limiting amplifier for multiple fiber optic and copper cable applications with data rates from 2 Gbps up to 11.3 Gbps.
The device provides a two-wire serial interface which allows digital control of the bandwidth, output amplitude, output pre-emphasis, input threshold voltage (slice level) and the loss of signal assert level. Predetermined settings for bandwidth and LOS assert levels can also be selected with external rate selection pins.
The ONET8501P provides a gain of about 40dB which ensures a fully differential output swing for input signals as low as 10 mVpp. The output amplitude can be adjusted to 300 mVpp, 600 mVpp, or 900 mVpp. To compensate for frequency dependent loss of microstrips or striplines connected to the output of the device, programmable pre-emphasis is included in the output stage. A settable loss of signal detection and output disable are also provided.
The part, available in RoHS compliant small footprint 3 mm × 3 mm 16-pin QFN package, typically dissipates less than 160 mW and is characterized for operation from -40°C to 100°C.