|Package | PIN:||PW | 14|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- MINIMAL BANDWIDTH CHANGE VERSUS GAIN
- 170MHz BANDWIDTH AT G = +2
- >120MHz BANDWIDTH TO GAIN > +10
- LOW DISTORTION: < 78dBc at 5MHz
- HIGH OUTPUT CURRENT: 120mA
- SINGLE +5V TO +12V SUPPLY OPERATION
- DUAL ±2.5 TO ±6.0V SUPPLY OPERATION
- LOW SUPPLY CURRENT: 6.8mA Total
- LOW-POWER BROADCAST VIDEO DRIVERS
- EQUALIZING FILTERS
- SAW FILTER HIGH-GAIN POST AMPLIFIERS
- MULTICHANNEL SUMMING AMPLIFIERS
- WIDEBAND DIFFERENTIAL CHANNELS
- ANALOG-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTERS INPUT DRIVERS
- MULTIPLE POLE ACTIVE FILTERS
- OPA4658 LOW-POWER UPGRADE
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments OPA4684IPWT
The OPA4684 provides a new level of performance in low-power, wideband, current-feedback (CFB) amplifiers. This CFBPLUS amplifier is among the first to use an internally closed-loop input buffer stage that enhances performance significantly over earlier low-power CFB amplifiers. This new architecture provides many of the benefits of a more ideal CFB amplifier while retaining the benefits of very low power operation. The closed-loop input stage buffer gives a very low and linearized impedance path at the inverting input to sense the feedback error current. This improved inverting input impedance retains exceptional bandwidth to much higher gains and improves harmonic distortion over earlier solutions limited by inverting input linearity. Beyond simple high-gain applications, the OPA4684 CFBPLUS amplifier permits the gain setting element to be set with considerable freedom from amplifier bandwidth interaction. This allows frequency response peaking elements to be added, multiple input inverting summing circuits to have greater bandwidth, and low-power line drivers to meet the demanding requirements of studio cameras and broadcast video.
The output capability of the OPA4684 also sets a new mark in performance for low-power current-feedback amplifiers. Delivering a full ±4VPP swing on ±5V supplies, the OPA4684 also has the output current to support > ±3V swing into 50. This minimal output headroom requirement is complemented by a similar 1.2V input stage headroom giving exceptional capability for single +5V operation.
The OPA4684s low 6.8mA supply current is precisely trimmed at 25°C. This trim, along with low shift over temperature and supply voltage, gives a very robust design over a wide range of operating conditions.