|Package | PIN:||DNP | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Devices
- Device Temperature Grade 3: –40°C to 85°C Ambient OperatingTemperature
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C4A
- Precision Optical Filtering to Match Human Eye:
- Rejects > 99% (Typical) of IR
- Automatic Full-Scale Setting Feature Simplifies Software and Ensures Proper Configuration
- Measurements: 0.01 Lux to 83k Lux
- 23-Bit Effective Dynamic Range With
Automatic Gain Ranging
- 12 Binary-Weighted Full-Scale Range Settings:
< 0.2% (Typical) Matching Between Ranges
- Low Operating Current: 1.8 µA (Typical)
- Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to 85°C
- Functional Temperature Range: –40°C to 105°C
- Wide Power-Supply Range: 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- 5.5-V Tolerant I/O
- Flexible Interrupt System
- Small-Form Factor: 2 mm × 2 mm × 0.65 mm
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments OPT3001IDNPTQ1
The OPT3001-Q1 device is an optical sensor that measures the intensity of visible light.The spectral response of the sensor tightly matches the photopic response of the human eye andincludes significant infrared rejection.
The OPT3001-Q1 device is a single-chip lux meter, measuring the intensity of light asvisible by the human eye. The precision spectral response and strong IR rejection of the deviceenables the OPT3001-Q1 device to accurately meter the intensity of light as seen by the human eye,regardless of light source. The strong IR rejection also aids in maintaining high accuracy whenindustrial design calls for mounting the sensor under dark glass for aesthetics. The OPT3001-Q1device is designed for systems that create light-based experiences for humans, and an idealpreferred replacement for photodiodes, photoresistors, or other ambient light sensors with lesshuman eye matching and IR rejection.
Measurements can be made from 0.01 lux up to 83k lux, without manually selectingfull-scale ranges, by using the built-in, full-scale setting feature. This capability allows lightmeasurement over a 23-bit effective dynamic range.
The digital operation is flexible for system integration. Measurements can be eithercontinuous or single-shot. The control and interrupt system features autonomous operation, allowingthe processor to sleep while the sensor searches for appropriate wake-up events to report throughthe interrupt pin. The digital output is reported over an I2C- andSMBus-compatible, two-wire serial interface.
The low-power consumption and low-power supply voltage capability of the OPT3001-Q1device enhance the battery life of battery-powered systems.