|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Available in the Texas Instruments NanoFree Package
- Low Standby Current Consumption of 1 μA Max
- I2C to Parallel Port Expander
- Operating Power-Supply Voltage Range of 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- 5-V Tolerant I/O Ports
- 400-kHz Fast I2C Bus
- Input/Output Configuration Register
- Polarity Inversion Register
- Internal Power-On Reset
- No Glitch on Power Up
- Power-Up With All Channels Configured as Inputs
- Noise Filter on SCL/SDA Inputs
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive Maximum Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD Protection Exceeds JESD 22
- 2000-V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- 200-V Machine Model (A115-A)
- 1000-V Charged-Device Model (C101)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PCA9536DR
This 4-bit I/O expander for the two-line bidirectional bus (I2C) is designed for 2.3-V to 5.5-V VCC operation. It provides general-purpose remote I/O expansion for most microcontroller families via the I2C interface [serial clock (SCL), serial data (SDA)].
The PCA9536 features 4-bit Configuration (input or output selection), Input Port, Output Port, and Polarity Inversion (active high or active low) registers. At power on, the I/Os are configured as inputs with a weak pullup to VCC. However, the system master can enable the I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing to the I/O configuration bits. If no signals are applied externally to the PCA9536, the voltage level is 1, or high, because of the internal pullup resistors. The data for each input or output is stored in the corresponding Input Port or Output Port register. The polarity of the Input Port register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register. All registers can be read by the system master.
The system master can reset the PCA9536 in the event of a timeout or other improper operation by utilizing the power-on reset feature, which puts the registers in their default state and initializes the I2C/SMBus state machine.
The device's outputs (latched) have high-current drive capability for directly driving LEDs. It has low current consumption.