|Package | PIN:||SOIC (DW) | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Low Standby-Current Consumption of
10 µA Max
- I2C to Parallel-Port Expander
- Open-Drain Interrupt Output
- Compatible With Most Microcontrollers
- Latched Outputs With High-Current Drive
Capability for Directly Driving LEDs
- Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 100 mA Per
JESD 78, Class II
Texas Instruments PCF8574ADW
This 8-bit input/output (I/O) expander for the two-line bidirectional bus (I2C) is designed for 2.5-V to 6-V VCC operation.
The PCF8574A device provides general-purpose remote I/O expansion for most microcontroller families via the I2C interface [serial clock (SCL), serial data (SDA)].
The device features an 8-bit quasi-bidirectional I/O port (P0–P7), including latched outputs with high-current drive capability for directly driving LEDs. Each quasi-bidirectional I/O can be used as an input or output without the use of a data-direction control signal. At power on, the I/Os are high. In this mode, only a current source to VCC is active.