|Package | PIN:||PW | 16|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 70)|
- High-Performance Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital Converter
- Differential Voltage Inputs
- Dynamic Performance:
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): Up to 112dB
- THD+N: As low as -105dB
- Three Sampling Modes:
- Supports Output Sampling Rates Up to 108kHz
- Choose from Low Power, High-Performance, or Double Speed Modes
- Audio Serial Port Interface:
- Master or Slave Mode Operation
- 24-Bit Linear PCM Output Data
- Left-Justified/DSP-Compatible Data Format
- Digital High-Pass Filter for DC Removal:
- Includes a High-Pass Filter Disable Pin
- Power Supplies:
- Requires a +5V Analog Power Supply
- Supports a +1.8V to +3.3V Digital Power Supply Range
- Low Power Dissipation
- 49mW Typical (Low Power Mode with VDD = +3.3V)
- 39mW Typical (Low Power Mode with VDD = +1.8V)
- Power Down Mode
- Less than 50µW total power dissipation
- Available in a small TSSOP-16 Package
- Digital Wireless Microphones
- Battery-Powered Audio Recording and Processing Equipment
I2S is a registered trademark of Royal Philips Electronics B.V., The Netherlands.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PCM4201PW
The PCM4201 is designed for digital audio applications that require a combination of high dynamic range, low distortion, and low power consumption. The primary applications for the PCM4201 include digital wireless microphones and battery-operated audio recording or processing equipment. The PCM4201 outputs 24-bit linear PCM audio data at sampling rates up to 108kHz. Three sampling modes allow the user to trade off power for performance, dependent upon the intended system requirements. An on-chip voltage reference reduces the number of external components needed for operation.
The PCM4201 includes dedicated control pins for configuration of all programmable functions. The device requires a +5.0V analog power supply, in addition to a digital supply operating from +1.8V to +3.3V. The PCM4201 is available in a small TSSOP-16 package.