|Package | PIN:||PAP | 64|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 70)|
- Four High-Performance Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital Converters
- 24-Bit Linear PCM or 1-Bit Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Output Data
- Supports PCM Output Sampling Rates up to 216kHz
- Supports 64fS and 128fS DSD Output Data Rates
- Dynamic Performance: PCM Output
- Dynamic Range: 118dB
- THD+N: 105dB
- Dynamic Performance: DSD Output
- Dynamic Range: 115dB
- THD+N: 103dB
- Audio Serial Port
- 24-Bit Linear PCM Output Data
- Master or Slave Mode Operation
- Supports Left-Justified, Right-Justified, and I2S Data Formats
- DSD Data Port
- Supports DSD Output or Input for All Four Channels Simultaneously
- Input Mode Provides 1-Bit DSD to 24-Bit PCM Data Format Conversion
- Additional PCM Output Features
- Linear-Phase Digital Decimation Filter
- Digital High-Pass Filter for DC Removal
- Clipping Flag Output for Each Channel
- Power Supplies: +5V Analog and +3.3V Digital
- Power Dissipation:
- fS = 48kHz: 600mW typical
- fS = 96kHz: 640mW typical
- fS = 192kHz: 615mW typical
- Power-Down Mode
- Available in a Thermally-Enhanced HTQFP-64 Package
- Digital Recorders and Mixing Desks
- Digital Audio Effects Processors
- Broadcast Studio Equipment
- Surround Sound Encoders
- High-End A/V Receivers
PowerPAD is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PCM4204PAPT
The PCM4204 is a high-performance, four-channel analog-to-digital (A/D) converter designed for professional and broadcast audio applications. The PCM4204 architecture utilizes a 1-bit delta-sigma modulator per channel incorporating a novel density modulated dither scheme for improved dynamic performance.
The PCM4204 supports 24-bit linear PCM output data, with sampling frequencies up to 216kHz. The PCM4204 can also be configured to output either 64x or 128x oversampled, 1-bit direct stream digital (DSD) data for each channel. In addition, the PCM4204 supports a DSD input mode, allowing 1-bit DSD to 24-bit PCM data format conversion utilizing the on-chip digital decimation filter. These features make the PCM4204 suitable for a variety of digital audio recording and processing applications.
The PCM4204 includes a flexible audio serial port interface, which supports standard PCM audio data formats, as well as time division multiplexed (TDM) PCM data formats. Multiple format support allows the system designer to choose the interface format that best suits the end application. Audio data format selection, sampling mode configuration, and high-pass filter functions are all programmed using dedicated control pins.
The PCM4204 operates from a +5V analog power supply and a +3.3V digital power supply. The digital I/O pins are compatible with +3.3V logic families. The PCM4204 is available in a thermally-enhanced HTQFP-64 PowerPAD package.