|Package | PIN:||EUL | 7|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 4-A Output Current
- Wide-Input Voltage (9 V to 29 V)
- Wide-Output Voltage Adjust (-15 V to -3 V)
- High Efficiency (Up to 87%)
- Output Current Limit
- Overtemperature Shutdown
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Surface-Mount Package Available
- General-Purpose, Industrial Controls, HVAC Systems, Test and Measurement, Medical Instrumentation, AC/DC Adaptors, Vehicles, Marine, and Avionics
Texas Instruments PTN78020AAS
The PTN78020A is a series of high-efficiency buck-boost-integrated switching regulators (ISR), that represent the third generation in the evolution of high-performance power modules designed for industrial use. The wide-input voltage range makes these modules suitable for a variety of applications that operate off 12-V, 24-V, and tightly-regulated 28-V dc power. In new designs, they should be considered in place of the PT6640 and PT78NR100 series of single in-line pin (SIP) products. The PTN78020A is smaller and lighter than its predecessors, and has either similar or improved electrical performance characteristics. The caseless, double-sided package has excellent thermal characteristics, and is compatible with TI's roadmap for RoHS and lead-free compliance.
The PTN78020A operates over an input voltage range of 9 V to 29 V, and provides high-efficiency, positive-to-negative voltage conversion for loads of up to 4 A. The output voltage is set using a single external resistor, and may be adjusted to any value within the range, -15 V to -3 V.