|Package | PIN:||PWP | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Single-Channel Smart High-Side Switch with 8-mΩ RON (TJ = 25°C)
- AEC Q-100 Qualified for Automotive Applications:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating TemperatureRange
- Withstands 40-V Load Dump
- Improve Reliability Through Selectable Current Limiting
- Current Limit Set-point at 20 A or 80 A
- Overcurrent Response of Current Clamping or Instant Shutdown
- Robust Integrated Output Protection:
- Integrated Thermal Protection
- Protection Against Short toGround/Battery
- Automatic Switch-On During ReverseBattery
- Automatic Shut Off if Loss of Battery/GroundOccurs
- Integrated Output Clamp to Demagnetize Inductive Loads
- Configurable FaultHandling
- Analog Sense Output Can Be Configured to Accurately Measure:
- Load Current
- Supply Voltage
- Provides FLT Indication Back to MCU
- Detection of Open Load and Short-to-Battery
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PTPS1HA08DQPWPRQ1
The TPS1HA08-Q1 device is a single-channel smart high-side switch intended for use with12-V automotive systems. The device integrates robust protection and diagnostic features to ensureoutput port protection even during harmful events like short circuits. The device protects againstfaults through a reliable current limit, which, depending on device variant, is available at both80 A and 20 A and can be configured to react to an overcurrent event by either instantly turningthe switch off or by regulating the output current at the set point. The high current limit optionallows for usage in loads that require large transient currents, while the low current limit optionprovides improved protection for loads that do not require high peak current.
The TPS1HA08-Q1 also provides a high accuracy analog current sense that allows forimproved diagnostics when driving loads. By reporting load current, device temperature, and supplyvoltage to a system MCU, the device enables predictive maintenance and load diagnostics thatlengthen the system lifetime.
The TPS1HA08-Q1 is available in a small 16-pin HTSSOP package which allows for reducedPCB footprint.