|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Input Voltage Range: 3.0 V to 5.5 V
- Automatic Step-Up Operation
- Low Input Current Ripple
- Low Output Voltage Ripple
- Minimum Number of External Components, No Inductors
- 1-MHz Internal Oscillator Allows Small Capacitors
- Shutdown Mode
- Thermal and Current Limit Protection
- 5.5-V Output Voltage
- Small TSOT23-6 (DDC) Package
Texas Instruments REG71055IDDCRQ1
The REG71055 is a switched capacitor voltage converter that produces a regulated, low-ripple output voltage from an unregulated input voltage. Input supply voltage of 3.0 V to 5.5 V makes the REG71055 ideal for a variety of battery sources, such as single-cell Li-Ion, or two- and three-cell nickel- or alkaline-based chemistries.
The input voltage may vary below the output voltage and the output remains in regulation. It works equally well for step-up applications without the need for an inductor, providing low EMI dc/dc conversion. The high switching frequency allows the use of small surface-mount capacitors, saving board space and reducing cost. The REG71055 is thermally protected and current limited, protecting the load and the regulator during fault conditions. Typical ground pin current (quiescent current) is 65 µA with no load, and less than 1 µA in shutdown mode.