|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||S (-25 to 85)|
- Meets or Exceeds the Requirements of TIA/EIA-422-B, TIA/EIA-485-A, and ITU Recommendations V.11 and X.27
- Recommended for PROFIBUS Applications
- Operates at Data Rates up to 35 MBaud
- Operating Temperature Range
...-25°C to 85°C
- Designed for Multipoint Transmission on Long Bus Lines in Noisy Environments
- Low Supply-Current Requirement
...30 mA Max
- Wide Positive and Negative Input/Output Bus-Voltage Ranges
- Thermal-Shutdown Protection
- Driver Positive- and Negative-Current Limiting
- Receiver Input Hysteresis
- Glitch-Free Power-Up and Power-Down Protection
- Receiver Open-Circuit Fail-Safe Design
- Package Options Include Plastic Small-Outline (D) Package and (P) DIPs
Texas Instruments SN65ALS1176DR
The SN65ALS1176 differential bus transceiver is designed for bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus transmission lines. It is designed for balanced transmission lines and meets TIA/EIA-422-B, TIA/EIA-485-A, and ITU Recommendations V.11 and X.27.
The SN65ALS1176 combines a 3-state differential line driver and a differential input line receiver, both of which operate from a single 5-V power supply. The driver and receiver have active-high and active-low enables, respectively, that can be connected together externally to function as a direction control. The driver differential outputs and the receiver differential inputs are connected internally to form a differential input/output (I/O) bus port that is designed to offer minimum loading to the bus when the driver is disabled or VCC = 0. This port features wide positive and negative common-mode voltage ranges, making the device suitable for party-line applications.
The SN65ALS1176 is characterized for operation from -25°C to 85°C.